Women Awareness Center Nepal
Earthquake Relief Update
On April 25, 2015 a 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck Nepal. The earthquake had a devastating impact. On may 12th, 2015 a 7.3 magnitude earthquake struck again while the country was still dealing with the tremors from the initial earthquake adding to the fatalities and casualties.
Vision And Mission
To create a just society by providing economic, social, and educational opportunities for all.
Changing gender roles
To promote social and economic empowerment, development opportunities, and equality for women, children, and disadvantaged groups.
To create a culture of self-reliance among women, children, and disadvantaged groups through the development of their inherent qualities.
- To raise awareness of women's and children's potential as powerful and dedicated members of society through gender-sensitive, community-based, development programs.
- To empower women and children economically and reduce poverty through savings and credit programs.
- To eliminate violence against women, including trafficking, domestic abuse, sexual assault, and superstitions.
- To create self-sustaining rural communities through the development of sustainable agriculture.
- To expand training and resource centers in their respective communities.
- Helping communities identify and address their needs (self-determination).
- Using local knowledge and resources to solve the community's social, political, and economic problems.
- Building the capacity of local people through training programs so that they can participate in the decision-making processes of their community.
- Eliminating female subordination and poverty through education and training programs that enable women to address their strategic- needs, make decisions about issues affecting them, gain financial security, and, overall, become more active in their community.
- Ensuring sustainability and ownership of the project activities by the community.